Thursday, November 18, 2010

Baseball Glove

5 x 7 in., graphite on Bristol paper
Not for Sale

I finished the drawing of the baseball glove today. I can't move my shoulder, but at least it's done. This one is dedicated to my brother and the thousands of hours (and counting) we've thrown a baseball back and forth in our lifetimes. At one point, we even spray painted a baseball with glow-in-the-dark paint so we could keep playing long after the sun set.  


Below are some photos (sorry for the quality) I took as I went along that show the progress from the initial line drawing to the completely rendered glove. As you can see, because I'm right-handed, I work left-to-right, top-to-bottom to avoid smudging the graphite. I also place a clean sheet of paper under my right palm as I work for the same reason. For those curious, this amounts to just under 10 hours of work.






3 comments:

  1. This is by far my favorite! And I love how you show the progression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete